Give a brief description of group and its activities:
Who is the main Contact for this Application?
Position in Organisation
About your project
Please describe your project, and it’s main aims and activities. Please also briefly state what you hope it
Please provide details of when and where your project will take place, and how it complies with our funding
criteria and the DCT objectives listed below in Terms and Conditions.
Please include with your Application
How much are you requesting from the DCT?
How much will your group contribute?
(Guidance on the percentage of project costs that the fund will support is shown in the
If you have managed to obtain matching funds, or are applying for matching funds
please list the funds and the amount below:
Organisation(s) applied to:
Amount applied for: £ Confirmed yes
If confirmed please give date of award, if no give date when decision of award is expected
Total Project Costs
Item or activity
Estimate or quote
Item or activity
Estimate or quote
In the event of a successful outcome payments will be made directly into a nominated
bank account. Please provide details of your nominated bank account.
Bank Account Name
Please note depending on the amount of an award payments may be made in instalments, on
submission of invoices and receipts. This will be detailed in the “offer” letter.
Is your organisation VAT registered
Has your organisation applied to Dunvegan Trust Previously?yes (If yes fill out details below)
Date of application
Amount of funding requested
Application approved or declinedapproveddeclined
The Committee may request references in support of any application, it is recommended that applicants
provide testimonies for key project members and attach them to this application.
Additional Documentation (use the upload link below to submit):
If you are a constituted group please provide
A) copy of the constitution
B) A copy of the 2 most recent accounts
C) A list of membership of the current committee
D) Attach a detailed breakdown + evidence of costings – quotes etc
To the best of my knowledge the information on this form gives a true an accurate
account of this organisation’s work and needs. I confirm that I am authorised to
complete this application and have read and agree to the terms and conditions:
1. The Dunvegan Community Trust SCIO must be acknowledged as a supporter of
the project in any public announcements
2. The Dunvegan Community Trust SCIO reserves the right to publicise this
assistance and include it in a public record of grants
3. The Dunvegan Community Trust SCIO Will require to see copies of all invoices
paid and receipts etc in respect of this project.
4. The decision of the Trustees of the The Dunvegan Community Trust SCIO is final,
once a decision is made the Committee will not enter into any further correspondence or
discussion on the decision.
I declare that all information within this form is correct yes
It is suggested you speak to a Trustee or our Development officer before submitting an application.
Principles of the Fund:
The fund can be used for projects defined under the “Objects” of the Dunvegan Community Trust
SCIO Constitution. Our Objectives are intentionally broad, so for example, Community
development can cover a range of initiatives, from physical community assets to projects which
tackle isolation within our community, promote social wellbeing, make us more sustainable and
resilient etc. It’s advisable to speak to a trustee or our development officer before submitting your
application, especially if you are unclear as to which objectives your project fits, and we will do our
best to assist you. See our website committee members under Get Involved
1. The advancement of education
2. The advancement of Community Development
3. The advancement of heritage and culture
4.The provision or organisation of recreational facilities with the object of improving the
conditions of life for the people of Dunvegan.
Total Funding costs vs % of Grant
Up to £1000 - 100%
£1001-£2500 - 90%
£2501-£10000 - 80%
£10001 - £25000 - 70%
Over £25001 - 50%
In certain circumstances the committee may award a lower or greater % than the guide
As our funds are primarily the Community Benefit fund from Ben Aketil Windfarm,
restrictions apply and the funding may not be used for the following:
1) to fund religious groups or political parties or projects for the promotion of any specific political
or religious purpose.
2) To replace funding for projects already funded through the public sector
3) To oppose, obstruct or object to the development, construction or operation of
the Wind Farm or any other wind farm.
4) For projects or activities that are contrary to the interests of the Windfarm.
5) to fund private businesses
Please also read our Eligibility Guidelines and If in any doubt, consult a trustee
Your application will be assessed by a full quorum of Trustees at a Committee meeting that will
take place on a quarterly basis. Funding may be
awarded in full, or in part depending on the availability of funding and the positive stated
outcomes that the funding will achieve. Applicants will be required to sign a grant acceptance
form prior to the release of the funding.
Successful applicants will be required to sign the Grant Acceptance Form prior to the
award of a grant (Page 8)
This acceptance carries the following stipulations:
1) Monitoring will take place between six and nine months after the award was made. At this time,
you may be requested to attend a meeting with Trustees of the DCT. An itemised breakdown of
actual expenditure against budget in relation to this award must be submitted before this
Copies of relevant invoices and receipts must also accompany this.
2) A report of progress and accomplishments must also be submitted at this time.
3) Organisations are expected to co-operate in the production of reports as requested. DCT.
reserves the right to have access to the Staff, Management Committee, committee papers and
other records of the organisation receiving the grant.
4) Acknowledgement of the financial support from the DCT should be given in all publications
relating to that of which it was financially assisted.
5) Any portion of the grant, which is not used as specified in the application form, shall be
returned to DCT unless prior written consent is given for it to be used otherwise.
6) In the event that the project is unable to achieve its objectives DCT shall recover any remaining
funding. Where the purchase of equipment is involved, the applicant organisation must agree
with the DCT how this equipment will be disposed of.
7) Where the delivery of a project is delayed the Trustees of DCT must be advised and an
Please enter your username or email address. You will receive a link to create a new password via email.